Server IP: play.skaia.us

General Anti-Cheat Beta-Tester Program

8 replies
Charms:
+238
I did mention this idea in my previous idea thread, but It was sandwiched between other ideas that did not gain much support so I decided to make a separate thread about this.

Anti-Cheat is out of control. People are getting permabanned left and right because the system is confusing their lag for hacks.

So. My solution is that we start a beta-tester program. We hire people from around the server who love to use hacks to test out the anti-cheat, then the devs can tweak it to the right level. We could give out rewards, like build grists or something.

Any opinions, thoughts, questions?
No Antifa!
No Nazis!
No KKK!
No hatred-filled USA!!!
Posted Nov 13, 17 · OP
Approve
Don't...
List
Undo
iiFriedRice PremiumVIP+
Charms:
+259
Count me in
Posted Nov 13, 17
Approve
List
Undo
Charms:
+207
So the idea is that people explicitly log in with cheats to test if the anti-cheat is working?

I think I would be for this if people had to use an alt-account that identified that they were testing and items gained whilst cheating couldn't be given to other players.
Posted Nov 13, 17
HomestuckGirl PUMPKIN
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+386
This would probably be done by staff, to make sure people are not getting banned wrongly and so people actually hacking on purpose get a correct ban.
We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.
Posted Nov 13, 17
Charms:
+17
I’ve been kicked a LOT by the anti-cheat system while not having hacks on. This is a good idea.

Loving those colored replies! amiright
We all have goods and bads; but when you do a bad, you should know not to do it again.

Your generic McCree thonk. I’ll casually reply on most posts, feel free to send me a friend request.
User: Licornex9
Posted Nov 14, 17
iiFriedRice PremiumVIP+
Charms:
+259
I was just falsely banned smh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7_LX0gJ5ns note this is on an alt
Posted Nov 14, 17
Charms:
+238
Well HomestuckGirl the players won't be banned if they are in the program.
No Antifa!
No Nazis!
No KKK!
No hatred-filled USA!!!
Posted Nov 17, 17 · OP
HomestuckGirl PUMPKIN
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+386
Well HomestuckGirl the players won't be banned if they are in the program.
Not to be picky but, how will staff know who's in the program? It could get really messy if an actual hacker gets into it. Anyway its a really good idea.
:whatever:
We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.
Posted Nov 17, 17 · Last edited Nov 17, 17 by HomestuckG...
Charms:
+238
They should be able to find a way. Maybe give the players involved a "Tester" rank?
No Antifa!
No Nazis!
No KKK!
No hatred-filled USA!!!
Posted Nov 17, 17 · OP
Online users (1)
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
23 / 308
NoticeNotices